Nigeria LNG Prize For Science 2019 : Nigeria LNG places a prize of ($100,000) For Science 2018, At the End of the Competition The winner(s) would receive an award of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000) and Note All Entries must be received By Friday, 3rd May 2019, Late Entries Will Not Be Entertained.
Nigeria LNG Limited hereby invites entries for The Nigeria Prize for Science, in line with its vision of helping to build a better Nigeria. This annual prize for Science is endowed by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) to recognise outstanding scientific achievements by Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike for advancing scientific solutions to prescribed problems afflicting Nigeria, as captured by the theme of the year. The winner(s) would receive an award of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100, 000.00).
This annual prize for science is endowed by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) to recognize outstanding scientific achievements by Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike for advancing scientific solutions to prescribed problems afflicting Nigeria, as captured by the theme of the year.
THEME OF THE COMPETITION
The theme for the 2018 competition is Climate Change: Erosion, Drought and Desertification.
Entries are therefore invited from, researchers for work that contribute to the dealing with issues arising from Climate Change especially Erosion, Drought and Desertification. especially from a Nigerian perspective.
The award is open to all Nigerians and non-Nigerians involved in the application of science to proffer a novel solution to remediate the impact of Climate Change especially Erosion, Drought and Desertification. These works can be cumulative in nature covering all of these areas or specific to any of the topics listed.
The work should be of outstanding merit and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and/or provide an innovative solution in the area of Climate Change.
The submission for consideration must be original and must indicate the specific area of merit, and all submissions must relate to that particular area.
The submission for the award must not be under consideration for any other award.
All material in support of the entry must be submitted within the time stipulated.
Entries, including the supporting documents, must be submitted in six (6) copies, for hard copies.
- As the intention is to recognize the most relevant and effective solution to specific Nigeria problems, works of collaboration by two or more persons are also welcome.
- Only one entry per contestant(s) is permitted per competition year.
- No entry previously submitted for this competition may be considered at a later date.
- Entries not submitted by the stated deadline and according to stated condition shall not be considered.
- Members of the Advisory Board or panel of judges or their relatives are not allowed to enter their works for the science prize during their year of services as well as the following year.
- NLNG staff or their family members are ineligible to enter for the prize.
- The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.
PANEL OF JUDGES
- A panel of judges shall be appointed for the Nigeria Prize for science by the Advisory Board.
- The appointment of judges shall, as far as possible, reflect and represent a multi-disciplinary approach relevant to the theme, persons appointed as judges are those who have wide experience, peer recognition, good public image and command respect nationally and internationally.
- The decision of the process shall be final.
Click Here For NLNG Official Link
Professor Alfred A.Susu, FAS, NNOM – Chairman
Professor Barth Nnaji, FAS, CON, NNOM – member
Dr.(Mrs) Nike Akande, CON – member
Professor Michael Adikwu, FAS – member
CLOSE OF ENTRY
All entries must be received by Friday 3rd May 2019.
ANNOUNCEMENT AND PUBLIC PRESENTATION OF WINNER
Winners will be announced in October and presented to the public at a later date.
Entries shall be sent to:
The Nigeria Prize for science
External Relations Division
Nigeria LNG Limited
Intel’s Aba Road Estate
Km 16P Port Harcourt –Aba Expressway
PMB 5660.Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
The Nigeria Prize for Science
External Relations Division
Nigeria LNG Limited
4th floor, Heron House
10 Dean Farrar Street
London, SW1H ODX.
For further information, visit Nigeria LNG Limited’s website: http://www.nigerialng.com/Our-CSR/Pages/The-Nigeria-Prizes.aspx
• ARM Young Talent Programme (AYTP) 2019 for Students in Universities
• Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Recruitment Application Form 2019
• Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) Recruitment 2019 Registration Form Is now Available for Nigerian Youths
I wish You all Success in the Forth Coming Competition, Remember the Winner will be Announced By October.
Kindly share this with friends and families by clicking on the Facebook share button, you may be helping someone by doing sharing