Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi (ATBU) has gotten Accreditations for 21 courses in the Institution, this Accreditation was recently given to them by the National Universities Commission (NUC) For The Record Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi is one of the third generation Specialised University of Technology established in 1980 By the Federal Government.
According to the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Director of Public Relations, Mr Andee Iheme, he made this statement known on Thursday in Bauchi that The National Universities Commissions (NUC) has accredited 21 courses in the institution
He Also went further to say that the accreditation was contained in a letter by the NUC’s Directorate of Accreditation in Abuja.
Also he said the NUC fully accredited all nine engineering programmes of the institution with only one was given an interim status.
Below Are The Courses That Were Fully Accredited
- Chemical and Civil engineering,
- Computer and Communication,
- Mechanical and
- Petrochemical Engineering.
For Now The only programme with a temporary status is the mechatronics and system engineering
Mr Iheme also said all the programmes in the faculty of education have been given full accreditation with the exception of metal work technology which has been granted a temporary accreditation.
Finally Below Is The Run Down Of Accreditation
- The faculty of agriculture came out with full accreditation of all its programmes.
- The faculty of science, out of the four courses presented, only computer science and mathematics got full accreditation.
- The faculty of environmental science also had full accreditation in quantity surveying, urban and regional planning.
- The faculty of management got full accreditation in banking and finance
Finally The Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof. Saminu Ibrahim, said he has vowed to do everything possible to secure full accreditation for the remaining four courses of the institution as well as those with interim status.
And Also went Further to assure the students and staff of the institution that all necessary arrangements had been made to address areas of inadequacies observed by the NUC. He Said ATBU had carved a niche as a citadel of excellence and that he was not going to allow that standard drop under his watch.