National Youth Service Corps, Has Mobilized Prospective Corps Members and in we deem it necessary to inform all Prospective Corps Members about the NYSC Terms And Contents Of Call Up Letters.
Congratulations To all prospective corps members that saw their names in the approved senate list below are Important information you need to acquaint yourself with before going to orientation Camps, To be informed is to be aware of important things you need to know.
The Content of the Call-Up Letter is:
i. The state you are posted to for service
ii. The batch you belong to (Batch A, B or C)
iii. The date You are expected to report in orientation camp.
Below Are NYSC Terms You Need To Be Familiar with:
1. State Coordinator: This is the overall head of NYSC in a state. He/she is in charge of all NYSC affairs in the state.
2. Zonal Inspector (ZI): He/she is in charge of the corp members posted to his/her zone. A zone consists of some LGs.
3. Local Government Inspector (LI): He/she is in charge of the corp members posted to his/her local government.
4. Place of Primary Assignment (PPA): This is where a corp member is been posted to for the service year after the orientation camp. You can either be rejected or accepted. If you are rejected the LI has the power to re-post you to anywhere within the local government. The PPA will give you clearance every month to testify that you carried out your duty properly.
5. Community Development Service (CDS): This is a weekly activity engaged in by corp members to develop the community where they are serving.
6. Personal CDS: This is a project in which a corp member engage in to develop the community where he/she is serving.
7. Seven over seven (7/7): This implies dressing in full NYSC attire; the cap,crested vest,khaki shirt, belt, khaki trouser, socks and jungle boot.
8. Payment voucher (PV): This is signed every month by all corp members for the payment of the month’s allawee. The pre-requisite for signing this is the clearance from the PPA and CDS attendance.
9. Family House: This is a setting/lodge that has been organised by the religious bodies like MCAN,NCCF and NACC.
10. Passing out parade (POP): This is done for corp members after the service year.
11. Corps producing institute (CPI): These are various institutions that their students will be going for service.
12. Orientation Broadcasting Service (OBS): This is one of the groups you will find in the orientation camp that are in charge of disseminating information.
13. Book of life: This is a big book in the orientation camp where you will be required to fill in your details.
14. Otondo or white fowl: This is one of numerous names you will be called in the orientation camp by the soldiers which means that you are a novice in paramilitary training.
15. Allawee: This is a monthly allowance that you are entitled to be receiving throughout your service year which you have to do a clearance before receiving.
We Wish You A Blissful Service Year.
Please Share To Inform Others, Click On The Facebook Button.