JUST IN: This is to inform members of the public that the sale of Admission Forms into JUPEB / Basic Studies Programme of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) for the 2020/2021 Academic Session that was hitherto closed, has been re-opened. UNIYO has decided to shift the closing date for 2020/2021 admission to one month after the resumption of schools by the government.
Uniuyo Jupeb/Basics Studies 2020/2021: The University invites qualified candidates for admission into the one-year Basic studies programme, this programme is for one year, in collaboration with the Joint Universities Preliminary, Examination Board (JUPEB)
UNIUYO invites suitably qualified candidates for Application into JUPEB/Basic studies programme, the programme is designed to prepare students for examinations conducted by the consortium of JUPEB,
With the JUPEB Certificate, you will get admission into 200 level of the degree offered by the University of Uyo through Direct Entry JAMB in the below courses, JAMB score is not required for admission into the programme, also candidates who wrote the 2018 JAMB can also Apply, no supplementary application for this programme.
Below Are The JUPEB Courses Available
- Faculty of Agriculture:
- Econs & Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Fisheries & Aquatic Environmental Management
- Forestry & Wildlife
- Food Science & Tech.
- Human Ecology, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Soil Science & Land Resources Management
- Faculty of Arts:
- Communication Arts
- Foreign Language (French)
- History & International Studies
- Religious and Cultural Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences:
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Geography & Natural Resources Management
- Political Science/Public Administration
- Sociology /Anthropology
- Faculty of Business Administration:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management
- Faculty of Clinical Sciences:
- Medicine and Surgery
- Faculty of Engineering:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Faculty of Environmental Studies:
- Building Technology
- Geoinformatics & Surveying
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Estate Management
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
- Animal Science and Environmental Biology
- Botany & Ecological Studies
- Computer Science
- Faculty of Education:
- a) Agricultural Science Education
- Business Education/Accounting
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Computer Science Education
- Economics Education
- English Education
- French Education
- Fine Arts Education
- Guidance & Counselling
- Geography Education
- Home Economics Education
- Health Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Library and Information Science
- Mathematics Education
- Pre-Primary/Primary Education
- Physics Education
- Physical Education
- Religious Studies Education
- Social Studies Education
- Technical Education
- Vocational Education
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS UNIUYO BASIC STUDIES
The Admission requirement for Candidates seeking admission into the Basic Studies programme is that candidates must possess credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography, Economics, Literature in English and Government at not more than two sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC/NECO or NABTEB).
Successful candidates of the JUPEB examination at the end of the programme, will be admitted into 200 level of the various degree courses in the University of Uyo as long as you meet the Admission standards.
Important Notice: NOTE: JAMB Score is not required for admission into this programme. Candidates who took the 2020 JAMB can also apply as there will be no supplementary application for this programme.
Procedure OF APPLICATION for JUPEB Admission
All qualified candidates are expected to pay a non-refundable deposit in the sum of fifteen thousand five hundred naira only N15,500 via Remita Payment Platform
Below are the Online Registration and Payment Procedure
- Visit https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals/or edu.ng (Click on e-portals link)
- Select Admission Forms Link
- Select e-Form(s) Option
- Select Basic Studies as the Admission Form Type
- Enter your Phone Number, Name and Email
- Click the PAY NOW button to make payment
- Payment can be made online or Bank branch
- After payment return to the online portal and click on Register Link to complete your registration
Items to Come With To The Screening Exercise
- You are to come with One (1) copy of the University of Uyo 2020 ONLINE registration form dully completed with the passport-size photograph printed in color.
Note: Only color printout will be accepted.
- Also, come with Two (2) recent passport-size photographs on red background (same photograph as the one used for the on-line registration) with the name and signature of the candidate on the reverse side of the photographs. These should be packaged in quarto- size envelope and labelled with the candidate’s name and the department.
- And also HB pencil, eraser and sharpener.
Note: You are not expected to come with GSM handsets, calculators, four-figure tables or any other extraneous materials shouldn’t be brought into the screening halls.
- The same passport photograph used for the online registration will be used during the screening exercise and for registration after the offer of admission.
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank photograph will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who up-load wrong bio-data will automatically be disqualified.
Important Information for the JUPEB Admission
Date for screening exercise: The date will be announced later
Venue for the screening exercise: PTDF Resource Centre, Town Campus Annex, Uyo
Time: 7:00am Prompt
The Closing Date for registration: One month after the resumption of school by the Government